CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Break Part One

Love, love, love our annual family trip to St George. Amazing weather, tons of laughs and loads of relaxation. Here were the highlights:

~We broke tradition and stayed at the Marriott Courtyard instead of the Abbey. The bedding was yummy as well as the waterfall pool, but Sam kind of got after me for choosing a hotel with no bacon (no breakfast:). Here is cute Kaela diving off of the rocks. Shane, Ian and Keith hit the links all day Saturday, so they missed out on the fun pool.



~Keith and Ashley have a Coldstone thing going. We ate it two nights in a row at their suggestion and for some reason our little jaunts just made it seem like summer! Loved the cake batter with cinnamon. So yummy. Also loved visiting the Pasta Factory again. Sorry about the beam Rich and Joey!

~Our "hike" in Snow Canyon. It was a hike I could handle in my flip flop Crocs. We sort of interrupted a yoga class in progress from Red Mountain Spa (an Oprah fave!), but the trade off was I got some amazing pics of my siblings. Thanks Ian for letting me do a study in "Reflective Ian"






~Richard and Joey are sooo good and get us all to sacrament meeting on Sundays when we go on vacation. It was fast and testimony meeting, and a lady got up and said she was grateful for her fresh bar of soap that morning. Shane laughed about it the rest of the day, but I loved the thought. Made me think of all the wonderful things I enjoy too.

~Everyone left Sunday, but we had decided to stay an extra day. We drove to Las Vegas Sunday afternoon and hit the Paris, Planet Hollywood and New York, New York. I am so not a gambler, but I LOVE Las Vegas. Again, I am a sucker for amazing weather and I love the super stylized backdrop of Las Vegas! We drove down Las Vegas Blvd during the Bellagio water show and then went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I then forced the boys to the Miracle Mile shops where we hit Sephora (I finally got my the shu uemura eyelash curler I have been coveting), H&M, Build a Bear and L'Occtaine. We then headed to the ESPN Zone for dinner and watched the Yankees and Red Sox game.




~The drive home was really nice too. I love long road trips with magazines, the paper, a fresh Coke, the sun streaming into the car and the radio going. We switched out everyone's iPod's to listen to favorite playlists. Mack loved his new Alvin and the Chipmunks soundtrack (don't recommend unless you are 10 and under), Shane put together a Def Lepard anthology ( I didn't think he read my blog, but I think he may have read my post about Cosmic Bowling--love ya hon!), and I tortured the boys with my girl rock (new Anna Nalick, Inara George and the Bird and the Bee).

Love you family! Am already counting down to next years trip:)

7 things to say about this...:

Downhilldiva

Awesome! I love all of those places too and for the same reasons. I especially love the sunshine!

joey

So sad its over, thanks for booking the rooms and all your help with the kids. I already miss the warm and great laughs. Only 51 or so more weeks...

Gunderson's

Great pictures, looks like a great time.. Basking in the warm sun, you can't beat that.. :)

kimbob

I'm jealous you just had Spring Break, ours was about a month ago and too cold to enjoy it. I actually think it snowed on our Spring Break. Looks like a great time! I love going on vacation with family.

Ashley

I loved the Courtyard Marriott and hope we stay there again next year! Thanks for booking the rooms and also for supplying the great pool reading material! I am super jealous you got to make a run to Las Vegas. We may have to tag along next year. Maybe the boys can find a place to play golf there!

Anonymous

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Sportskids Team

Help your big league dreams come true with these beautiful and comfortable sports bedding and kids bedding MLB Logo comforters and sheet sets with discount price at mlb-comforter.com

mlb comforter

My Blog List

My Blog List