For the last nine years, we have celebrated our wedding anniversary on the same day as Mack's birthday. Mack's birthday has continued to overshadow our day as the years go by, but I am convinced that one day our day will make its return. So, nothing completely exciting to report (I had secretly hoped to fly down to Vegas and stay at the Four Seasons for a night), but we had a great date night (thanks Joey!), and I was gifted with these amazing flowers.
I read a great thing over the weekend in a book that made me stop and think about marriage. The author was discussing with his brother how to make marriages really work and keep progressing. One was the proponent of constant communication. The other said that the only thing he thought that really kept the glue together for him was commitment. Kind of stopped me in my tracks. He went on to talk about no matter what obstacles come up in your way that true commitment to each other outlasts everything else. Loved it. Here's to commitment babe--and lots more years:)


0 things to say about this...:
Post a Comment