Paris souvenir shops are pretty much like any other souvenir shop everywhere. Spoons, t-shirts, pencil and pen sets, mouse pads, etc. Nothing really conveyed the vibe of everything amazing we were seeing. So, I decided to convert the best thing I brought home, my pictures, into souvenirs for everyone.
These ideas were a million times easier than lugging home stuff and hoping it doesn't break, get ruined, or you exceed 50 pounds in your luggage. It took a bit more work on the back end of the trip, but I was on a weird, euphoric high for the first couple days I was home, so knocked these out quick.
I picked up these shadowbox frames at IKEA and framed a few of my favorite shots. I added some little vintage Eiffel Tower charms I had picked up in Paris. A quick date stamp of the day the picture was shot, and you have an instant personal gift. I thought this baguette pic would be so cute for a kitchen.
My next project were these necklaces. I Photoshopped down pictures I had taken of the Eiffel Tower and the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles, inserted them into these glass necklace charms, and added some vintage charms I found around Paris. I also brought home a handful of Euro and drilled a small hole through them to hang off the necklace. I put everything on a simple ball chain necklace. Nothing you could really wear to work, but cute with jeans and a t-shirt.


4 things to say about this...:
You are too crafty! I love the baguette picture. Such a smart sassy girl you are :)
Can't wait to learn how to make them... You are just turning into our own little Martha Stewart... TALENT!!!! Love ya!!!
These are fabulous!!! I'm sure your trip was so much fun! Amanda's right about the Martha Stewart thing!
you are so creative! Very cute!!
Post a Comment