CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup


After we got back from glorious California and were blasted with the cold, it was definitely a soup night. My aunt gave me this recipe, and I love how easy and yummy it is.


When I used to visit my dad on weekends when I was little, he made us chicken and rice a lot. Basically, it was white Minute Rice with condensed chicken soup. I LOVED that lunch. Started making it again in college when times were tough, and realized it was quite horrible. So, this recipe is a grown up version of that beloved childhood lunch with fresh veggies and whole chicken. Love this stuff!

Wild Rice & Chicken Soup

5 2/3 cups water

1 package & seasoning Long Grain & Wild Rice Rice a Roni

1 envelope Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup Mix

Bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes.

Add 1 cup chopped carrots (or amount you like)

2 celery stalks chopped

1 small onion chopped

Simmer 10 minutes.

Add 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup

1 -2 cups cooked chicken - shredded or chopped (I use fresh rotisserie)

Simmer 10 minutes. Enjoy!

1 things to say about this...:

Gunderson's

Looks so amazing!! Going to make this one SOON!! Thanks for sharing. :)

My Blog List

My Blog List