CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Puppy Love



So the thoughts of getting a puppy have left me a little apprehensive. I haven't had the greatest history with dogs. There was the English bulldog that lived across the street from us growing up that ran away with my prized Cabbage Patch doll, the insane Oso who Papi felt he should take in but leave outside to terrorize us when attempting to get in the backyard after school, and scores of other dogs that jump, slobber, bite, urniate without notice...the list could go on and on. I don't like unpredictablility. I like control. I like thinking I know what will happen. I don't like thinking about the French woman that got her face torn off by a dog while sleeping. But, I knew it was going to happen. I was soon going to face an animal sharing our space. Well, our little Copper has been a stark contrast to all of my fears. He has the cutest little face on the planet, and has such a sweet temperment. The first day we got him, he just wanted to be held like a baby. He is snuggly, eager to please and just the most loving thing ever. His wrinkly little face and skin just leave me craving more of him. He cries like a baby and still is far from mastering being housebroken, but I am getting why some people love animals as much as people. He is still growing on me--I am not to the point of offering to throw myself on train tracks or anything yet for him, but he has been a sweet little surprise.

4 things to say about this...:

kimbob

He is darling! I'm not an animal lover myself and am proud you're doing good with him. Too bad they can't stay small forever!

bechtold clan

they do that you know-- work their way into your hearts before you know it...it helps too when they are puppies...kinda like kids. If you start out with them young when they get older you love them even when they throw up on your floor, and chew things...the look they give you when they are in trouble is priceless- you can never stay mad for long....missing keeva as I speak......

Gunderson's

He is so stinkin' cute just looking at him makes me want to cuddle him and I am not a huge dog fan but those wrinkles and those ears just so sweet... :)

Tonya K

What's new (wink wink). I'm dying to know how it went. Hope you are having fun this weekend.

My Blog List

My Blog List