
So the first night the treadmill was all set up, I snuck out to go see Sex and the City instead of working out. The next morning, Shane told me he should have lit a match to the $800 we took from our savings to pay for the treadmill. So, maybe I wasn't as gung ho as I had promised when I begged for it, but I have turned a corner. I have been running in the morning for the past week and half, and haven't missed a day yet. I am getting up earlier, and can't believe I am actually doing it. I am feeling LOADS better than I have in a long time. No exhaustion after work, no dying in the middle of the afternoon, sleeping better, and my favorite perk - I am happier. It is like the treadmill sucks all of my fear, anger, problems and spits back out confidence, clarity and smiles. I am pounding away my problems on my little Nordic Track. So cheesy, but true. So, all the experts are right. Exercise and diet really do work:)


6 things to say about this...:
You are so awesome. I envy your willingness to get up so early. I may have to try that, see what happens. :) You inspire me!
Its hard to start something new...my daily runs are a chore, never gets better for me but I do feel good at least. Its the one thing that gets me out the door when its still 95 degrees!!
So excited for your trip to AZ! Yea our economic stimulus check just went to fixing our car that died a few days ago...talk about bummer!
Wow! Good for you! Exercise is my prozac. It really does get those good endorphins going. The other good news is that people who exercise in the morning are more likely to stick with it because they don't have the evening interruptions. Keep up the awesome work!
Shanna--The article you emailed me a few weeks ago was an inspiration. It took me years to get fat, but I am taking control and working on it:) Thanks for your great fitness example!
Running is addicting. Glad you are loving it! I want a treadmill!
I've been trying to run and I hate it but I at least get up and do my exercising. I can run to a minute and then die but I'm at least doing that. Good for you!! I have to do it in the morning otherwise it doesn't get done, too much going on at night or just lazy. Keep up the great work!!
Post a Comment