CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Blog Recommendations - Hit and Miss


I was perusing two of my favorite blogs last week and stumbled across two recommendations I thought I would try. One was for this fab hot chocolate in Idaho Falls at a Chevron Gas Station five miles off of 1-15. Since I knew I would be up that way in the next few days, I convinced the girls I was with that we just had to stop. The blog entry boasted of mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, sprinkles, homemade whipped cream, etc. We found the Chevron in question, and entered in a state of giddiness at the prospect of the hot chocolate we had all read about. It ended up that they were out of everything with the exception of some toasted marshmallow flavoring. We were TOTALLY bummed. We made up for it with getting some Powerball tickets. So hoping I win the millions:)

The next place I read about was local called Italian Village. Their pizza benders were raved about, so we packed up on Friday night and headed out. Okay, they were REALLY good--and pretty cheap too! The kids meals were like $2.50, and the pizza benders came with salad and bread as well. Yummy--check it out if you live in the SLC area.

Moral of the story? I am still going to check out what people rave about. My next stop is a little eatery I read about in Draper. Amanda, are you up for it?

8 things to say about this...:

Downhilldiva

Pizza benders are awesome! I haven't had them in years. I'm glad to know the Italian Village is still alive and well.

Gunderson's

Yes I am up for it. Maybe Saturday?

Tifani

Italian Village or IV as we call it is one of our faves. We went there last week. Eric loves the lasagna and bender combo.

joey

Italian Village sounds awesome! Where is it?

Anonymous

Since you're trying blog suggestions, you have got to check out this new movie...beau just! I hear it is even better the second time around!!

Casey

Hey Tammy--I was just thinking about what I really wanted to do today. I am soooo dying to see Beau Jest again. Would you want to go???

Lisa

I came across your blog when I googled "pizza benders". They are a favortie of my husband and mine. Next you MUST try out the Magic Wok if you haven't already. We no longer live in UT, but every time we visit we must have benders, Magic Wok, and Scone Cutter :).

kimbob

IV (as we call it also) is one of our favorites!! And of course we only get benders and sometimes the combos. Their lasagna is really good and I like the salads. We like to get them to go a lot since they are so busy. They need to build one on the west side of the valley!!

My Blog List

My Blog List