Wednesday was like a little bottle of happiness for me. I was totally spoiled and had the chance to go to lunch with my friend Amber and then dinner with Tifani. It was so fun catching up with Amber--she is like the reality of my adult life--knowing me when I was older, being involved in my career, talking about all those adult issues of marriage stuff, kid stuff, etc. that crop up. I am so grateful for her friendship. She is one of those people that just gets me--when it seems like a lot of people just don't:) Such a treat to see her whenever I do. Have fun in Hawaii Amber! I am jealous:)
Then, I got to see Tifani. Tif was my best friend in high school. We weathered all those teen years together through boyfriends, cheerleading, Spanish--the list could go on and on. We have kind of lost touch over the years. Neither of us could really figure out how or why, and I kind of just chalked it up to the last few years that it just kind of happens. But, through the magic of blogs (he, he) we found each other again. Tifani was my girl soul mate--we could talk about any and everything--and we usually did in her basement, sleeping out on the tramp or driving around in La Bamba. Seeing and talking to Tifani again made my so sad we have missed out on years of the kind of chatter that just fills your soul somehow. She is another one of those people that just gets me--the real me--that loves being kind of crazy and doesn't quite fit the perfect mold. As cheesy as it sounds, some little part of me got put back together finally on Wednesday night. I have my friend back, and it is a wonderful feeling:) So, Tif, thanks for the fun memories of our ceramic ballet shoes to Mr Nielsen, the jicama, and dedication songs on the radio. Love you to death and hope our new friendship is just as fun (and of course meaningful) as our last was.
Thanks to both of you for listening to my grouchy Christmas attitude. I think this weekend will do just the trick to get me feeling more merry:)


1 things to say about this...:
I definately felt the same way. I look forward to seeing more of you in the future. Who knows what kind of damage we could do now as adults : ) Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment