CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Travels

I spent the better part of last week living out of a suitcase. I had a presentation at our hospital in St George, so flew down last Monday to get ready for it. It was just kind of one of those perfect days of solitude. The airport was a little quiet, my phone wasn't ringing off the hook (that was this week!@*#), and I just sat and relaxed. The ride down was smooth, and I stepped off the plane to 70 degrees. I rented a little Kia and drove into Snow Canyon to take in the red rocks. I then went to dinner on my own to the Pasta Factory and had a totally silent meal. No Mack demanding anything from me. No Shane. No TV or Wii. It was utter and pure bliss. I went back to the hotel and worked for a while and took in some good Project Runway reruns. Sigh. It was the nicest day I have had in a while. I love St George so much:)



I went to Kansas City the next day for a student nursing convention. I went with a few of our nurse managers and the other recruiter from Provo. We had some amazing meals and tons of laughs. I also scored an incredible cashmere sweater for a steal at Banana. That was a definite highlight. I also visited my Mecca, the Paper Source. Made me feel happy just going there and seeing and breathing in all that creativity. I also started going to bed sooo early there. We stayed at the Hyatt (which was the same one I stayed at five years ago when I went to Kansas City and I don't remember it being so nice) and I vegged in this huge, perfect, white bed that had like three thousand pillows. It was so good for me as I have been up at 6:00 am every day this week.

Just a couple shouts out to my family for their birthday gifts I so enjoyed on my trips:

To Joey: The travel iron ROCKED!!!! I love it so much. Thank you:)
To Ashley: I bought this really cute Photoshop magazine with your gift card I loved reading on the plane. Love you!
To Ian: I downloaded the new Killers CD for my trip to Kansas City. Thank you for the iTunes gift card. Am loving it a ton!
To Mom: Worked on my Christmas cards that you got me. Thank you so much!



4 things to say about this...:

joey

So glad you liked the travel iron!! Can't wait to try ours out. I guess that means I have to go on vacation, although I was thinking it might be the perfect Addy sized clothes iron!

Gunderson's

Looks like you had a good time. I am jealous you got a full nights rest in a bed all to yourself. :)

bechtold clan

wow- i remember our last trip to ST George...I think it was when I got my job offer to leave IHC...:(

it was fun, and Im glad you enjoyed yourself girlie.

Ashley

Looks like you had some fun on your work trips! I am looking forward to the family St. George trip in April. Glad you picked up something fun at Heartland.

My Blog List

My Blog List