CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Cheesecake Factory Saga--and Happy Birthday Keith!


I have been excitedly anticipating the opening of the Cheesecake Factory in SLC. It is a requisite to go there whenever I travel somewhere that has one. Love everything on the menu. Keith (my brother-in-law's) birthday was the same weekend, so we had planned to go on Saturday afternoon to celebrate both events. The plan was to meet at 2:30 and hopefully miss the lunch crowd and beat dinner service. We met at Fashion Place to a melee of cars, police cars and fire trucks in the parking lot. There had been a pedestrian hit and run in the parking lot. I think the guy was okay. We got a pager with a 3 and a half hour wait time. We debated whether to stay or go, but collectively thought maybe it wouldn't be that long of a wait. We shopped at Banana, Ann Taylor, and Mom and I went to get our brows waxed. Two and a half hours later we were dining on yumminess! Can't say for sure if it was worth the wait, but we had a great time hanging out and it was a super enjoyable way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Had to include too my favorite things about my brother in law to say Happy Birthday!

1. He is just as in to pop culture and the finer things in life as I am!
2. Want to know where the best Indian, Thai, etc. place is? Keith is your guy.
3. He is super smart! Blows me away!
4. He is an awesome husband to Ashley and fun uncle to Mack and the other kids
5. You never have to question where you stand with Keith. If he is in a bad mood, he doesn't try to conceal it and fake being happy. A good quality! We are both Scorpios, so I tend to identify with his moods as I am usually the same way!

4 things to say about this...:

Ashley

So glad we waited it out and ate at the Cheesecake Factory - yummy. I am already looking forward to our next trip there. I love your top 5 of Keith, perfectly describes him!

joey

Love your top 5 on Keith...you are so good at reading personalities. I also love how great he is with the kids! Awesome pic you took of Cheesecake!

bechtold clan

are you serious? for the Cheescake factory? Oh my goodness! I know why people like it, but its not a 3 and a half hour wait( or even a 2 hour wait) Jonathan and I were there on Saturday afternoon as well...must have missed ya in the craziness of the mall..it was funny I was saying that the traffic I was sure was for the new restaurant, but I had NO IDEA. Your not crazy or anything, I just cant believe a 2-3 hour wait???!!!WOW. I think ill wait a few months to go :(

Casey

So not would have been worth the wait without the mall--and an afternoon with my family and no kids was very sweet:) Yes--wait for a few months to go for sure!

My Blog List

My Blog List