I have been trying to practice some better self care this week. I met with one of our darling EAP counselors this week on her comfy microfiber couch to go over a presentation she is going to do for our UAHCR group next year. She went over a presentation on self care and how it relates to stress. So, I am working on incorporating some of her ideas into my daily life in hopes it will help make a dent in my seemingly never ending stress. One of the tips I tried to work on this week was a gratitude journal. Heard this one a million times, but have never really done it. Here are some of my thoughts for this week:}
Nie Nie Dialogues
I was reading a zillion tweets this week about a girl from Provo that was going to be on Oprah this week. I DVR'd it, and really came away amazed at her tenacity after a near fatal airplane crash. I went to her blog a few days later, and I have been non stop reading. She is a gifted writer, observer and so painfully honest it takes your breathe away. Since reading, it has been making me just stop and think about those little things I take for granted--getting dressed, showering, making a lunch--my job stress seemed so small in comparison. Made me appreciate ME! All the things I want to change I am going to stop worrying about so much. I am just going to love who I am this week--regardless of my shortcomings. I realized how lucky I am. Yes, truly anything is possible.

Greg Laswell Covers EP
This has been a relaxing balm after those insane days. Download it. The best $4.49 I spent all week.
Muscle Milk {Chocolate}
I have been drinking this for breakfast and snacks a bunch. It seriously makes me feel so happy and relaxed after I drink it. Little magic minerals or something. Yummers for a quick snack/meal if you need it. Much more satisfying than the stale vending machine stuff.
A Surprise Porch Decoration and a Day Off
So my cute mother-in-law surprised me with some Halloween decorations and offered to take Mack today. Shane and I went on a much needed date--just us. We went to the Red Iguana and then took in a movie. We couldn't believe this would be our life soon. Just us. We are so excited--but so excited to keep seeing Mack progress. Talked about his future mission, college. All the things we want for him. How proud we are of him. How BLESSED we are to have him. Not trying to wish away his childhood, but loved talking about all of our dreams for him & for us. St George, we will be there soon!
So You Think You Can DanceAhhh. It's back:} I so appreciate mind blowing talent--especially talent I don't even remotely possess. Getting so excited for the live show in November with my sisters, Amanda and her family. We are going to have so much fun!!!
JCrew Ribbon Coat
I have been getting so apprehensive about winter. I don't know why. The dark, cold and snow just sound so awful. I am looking for ways to cheer me up about it. Trying to channel twinkly Christmas lights, hot chocolate, and THIS for my closet. So beautiful. So perfect. So coveting.
And lastly, a thought from General Conference from last weekend. Such a gem.We’ve all felt anger. It can come when things don’t turn out the way we want. It might be a reaction to something which is said of us or to us. We may experience it when people don’t behave the way we want them to behave. Perhaps it comes when we have to wait for something longer than we expected. We might feel angry when others can’t see things from our perspective. There seem to be countless possible reasons for anger…To be angry is to yield to the influence of Satan. No one can make us angry. It is our choice. If we desire to have a proper spirit with us at all times, we must choose to refrain from becoming angry. I testify that such is possible.
~President Thomas S. Monson, School Thy Feelings, Oh My Brother, Oct 2009 General Conference


3 things to say about this...:
Love your thoughts for the day. I read NieNie, too. She's from here and very inspirational.
Hope you have a better next week!
I too love nie nie. Very inspirational. Hope that works gets less stressful for you...love you!
Sounds like such a busy week. Thanks for your thoughts Casey, it's nice to put things in perspective once in a while.
Post a Comment