CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 8, 2009

No apologies

My blogging has been seriously lacking. A massive understatement, but I wanted to get back on track. These little photo templates gave me cause to want to start remembering our stories again. So, am going to start with January. A fitting place to start in August:}

January

You'd be so lean, that blast of January
Would blow you through and through. Now, my fair'st friend,
I would I had some flowers o' the spring that might
Become your time of day

William Shakespeare, The Winter's Tale, Act IV Scene 4


{Starting with the top left hand picture}

Car Accident

I got rear ended by a cute girl that had had her license all of three weeks. It did some major damage to my car, and I was stuck with a rental for about six weeks while my car got re-sculpted. Getting it back after being without it for so long made me realize how much I love that car. Totally shallow, but I don't even care. Driving it home from the dealership that night was pure bliss. It made every single second spent crying over college finals and living in cinder block hell for five years at the U worth it. Yes, it is the ultimate driving machine and worth every single penny:}

Day out at the Gateway

Mack & I spent a day down at Gateway one Saturday. We went to the Apple Store to take an iPhone class, saw a 3-D Dinosaur movie at the Planetarium, browsed Barnes & Noble & had ice cream at Ben & Jerry's. Love spending time with Mack. I realize I am biased, but he is just such a fun person to be with. His little jokes and stories kept me entertained all afternoon. We have been really lucky to have a lot of one on one time. Memories I will remember forever!

Quilts
Amanda's uber generous Mom made Shane & I some super soft quilts. Shane got a U of U quilt, and I got a really cute Hershey's kiss pink quilt. They are so amazing to wrap up in--they just take all of your troubles away:} Thank you Janet!!!!

Game nights
Discovered Time's Up at the Broughs. Made for lots of laughs and major competition. Richard & Joey are the game people of the family--they always have the latest and greatest board game. Excited for our annual family trip to Park City in a few weeks to see what they have in store!

The Car Show
So we LOvE the car show. We have gone every year since I can remember. Love dreaming of the fabulous cars and smelling all that new leather! Mack & Shane were partial to the Bentleys, I had a crush on the new Audi.

Pete
Shane's police dog for the last five years, Pete, passed away this month. He was 9 years old, and had been sick for a few months before he passed away. Shane had so many memories with Pete. Tons of apprehensions, Officer of the Year, drug finds and just all around K-9 awesomeness. It was a really hard day. This picture was taken the night before he passed away. He had a stroke the day before, and was unable to walk, so got to be pushed around in this shopping cart at training. Shane said he was still totally into training that night--barking and wanting to be right in the center of everything. He had an amazing work ethic--he really loved his job. He got his customary cheeseburger that night (basically a tradition of the K-9 dog's last meal), and Shane said he went out fighting. He is missed:}

Lava Hot Springs
Gunderson's invited us to a weekend at Lava Hot Springs. Had never been there before--and it was definitely an adventure! The hot pots were awesome--so relaxing. Super fun to people watch too. There was basically every representation of race, social economic status and some questionable gender. We had a blast hanging out with the Gunderson's and getting away for a few days. Loved these steamy pictures!

1 things to say about this...:

Ashley

Casey, I loved this post! I miss blogging too, so hard to find the time. January was fun - especially Time's Up. We need to find a booster pack so you and Shane can play again.

My Blog List

My Blog List