
So anticipating this trip--I couldn't even stand it. The formula was all there for the perfect trip. Scrapbooking, an impossibly posh hotel, pool time sans Mack and a best friend. Highlights:
Okay, you HAVE to stay at a Four Seasons once in your lifetime. It really should be mandatory for anyone questioning if there is anything good in life. It is so good and then some. The
Scottsdale Four Seasons is situated out in the foothills of Scottsdale in it's own little desert paradise. It is quiet, breathtaking (may have stole that adjective from their brochure), and very southwest. There is probably like a zillion pounds of adobe out there amongst the cacti. We pull up and are instantly greeted by a valet, bags taken out of the car, and whisked to the front desk. Painless check in, and then a golf cart ride to our room. The room was amazing. An outdoor patio opened up to a wide expanse of more carefully cultivated desert. A little jackrabbit hopped by. Our bags were placed in an amazing closet by the bell boy as we checked out the massive bathroom (with, {SQUEAL} L'Occitane bath products which I pilfered at once). We chilled out on our patio for a while luxuriating in the chairs and taking in all the different varieties of desert plants.

The pool was almost as wonderful. A handful of different pools were situated amongst cabanas, huge pool chairs and teak everything. We selected a cabana, had our chairs "prepared" (special huge towels covered the back of the comfy chair with more towels being offered), and soaked up the sun. We dined on gourmet nachos, complimentary mango slushes, and huge jugs of ice water. Took the
Omnivore's Dilemma with me for reading material (as I had already reading Breaking Dawn even though I promised not to), hit my new playlist on my iPod, and chilled. Best pool experience in a long time:)

We were also lucky enough to catch a
Janet Hopkins class at Scrapbooks Etc., in Mesa. Janet is the educator/creative director at Heidi Swapp. We made the most to die for cute little book. It was super fun hobnobbing with her and getting such great ideas for my most favorite scrapbooking products ever.

Also had fun visiting Kriston, Amanda's friend from high school. We hit all of her local favorite scrapbook stores, ate at
Joe's BBQ (soooo good!) and laughed over silly stuff. I am still laughing about our conversation if you can have a night so amazing you blank as to how feather pillows and headboards get destroyed (for those of you that read Breaking Dawn, let me know what you think:).

Last but certainly not least was the Scottsdale Mall. We made this one a really quick trip on the way back to the airport, so just hit
PB Loco and then
Sprinkles across the street from the mall. I had such high hopes for Sprinkles. My friend at work has actually been known to hop a flight to Newport Beach just to pick up a black and white cupcake. But, alas, the little treasures were not as wonderful as I had heard. Flavors seemed a little off. They were little works of art though--should have saved the calories and just stared at them until they went stale.
Amanda, are you up to making this an annual trip? Hope so!
5 things to say about this...:
Hey you bratty! Why didn't you let me know you were coming?!?! I haven't seen you in forever. I DO live up the road from Joe's, you know. Not to mention the owners of that Scrapbook store are in my ward. They own Bazzil, you know??? I could have hooked you up with some good stuff! CALL ME NEXT TIME!!! :)
I am ready to back there anytime you are... An amazing time, so many laughs, simply fabulous... Thanks for inviting me along to experience the Four Seasons, and everything else Scottsdale/Phoenix had to offer... Loved every minute of it... Next time we will have to hit the Tortilla Factory... :)
Whit--I am so sorry I missed you in AZ :( Raincheck? Shane said if BYU makes it to the Fiesta Bowl, we are coming down. Maybe we can crash your New Years Eve party? Hope you are doing great:)
Sounds good! I didn't know Shane was a Y fan. So are we!
You know not to take me seriously, right? I'm glad you had a fun time!!!!
so beautiful ! we are planning for our anniversary now- thinking vegas tho- should I change my mind??!!
Post a Comment