CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 27, 2007

A quick recap of the last few weeks

I like keeping this little blog to keep you all posted on my fascinating life (as if:), but also as an electronic journal as well. Just wanted to let you know (and remind me!) what has been going on the last few weeks.

Halloween party
I got really lucky (this part I am serious on!), and was somehow selected to be the Room Mother for Mack's class. I guess that helped validate I can work and still be involved in Mack's school life too. Anyway, I had some great moms help me do little Halloween mini games. We did pumpkin bowling (the pumpkin totally split open. Seeds everywhere!), Halloween Bingo, Scary Musical Chairs and Pumpkin Cookie Decorating. It was lots of noisy fun, but made me really glad for my quiet little office job.

Rexburg trip
Every spring and fall I take a trip up to BYU Idaho to do campus recruiting. Their nursing program is super competitive, so every student is just so employable. Would love to take all of them home and put them to work. My fun friends from Utah Valley and Primary Childrens came with me. Really fun road trip in this horrible little Ford Taurus full of laughs, gossip and business talk. We usually stay at this incredible little bed and breakfast right outside Rexburg in a little town called Rigby. Unfortunately, the innkeepers were on vacation, so we stayed in Idaho Falls.

My birthday
I am sad to admit with every passing year, my birthday holds less and less magic. I don't mind getting older--love where I am at in life right now more than any other time--but the anticipation of gifts, birthday cake, all that stuff you couldn't get enough of when you were little is just not what it used to be:) I did get a darling little Kitchen Fairy from Amanda, a very generous gift card to Best Buy from my in-laws (we are buyng Guitar Hero III this week for our Wii if anyone wants to come over!), an iPod thing for my car from Shaner and Macker, a fun lunch to Chili's from Joey, a gift card to Rod Works from my work, and some really sweet phone calls and cards from my family and friends. So, thanks to all for making 32 such an enjoyable day!

Reading
Okay, so I am about to start Eclipse in the Stephenie Meyer series. Amanda told me books 4 and 5 will not be out for another year, so I am saving this little treat. Don't want to rush it:) I am also reading Alan Greenspan's new book. Just dipped into it, so will keep you posted on this one.

Music
Downloaded a few new tracks off the new Killers CD that will be released in the next few weeks. Love them. Love the free download on iTunes last week from Metro Station. Found an old Fray EP that I picked up as well.

Park City
Shane and I went to Park City the night of my birthday. We went sans Mack, and I was feeling a little guilty for leaving him out of our celebrations. The drive up was perfect. The trees were turning colors, the moon was hanging low, and the temperature was so nice we opened the sunroof. When we got out of the car, a wall of pine (visually as well as the scent) hit us. We went to Main Street Pizza and Noodle--a favorite of ours--and shared a heaping plate of spinach pasta with mushrooms and cream. The first game of the World Series was on, so we just relaxed, ate slowly, talked and watched the game. I was instantly grateful we didn't bring Mack. Loved that quiet time with Shane just to talk and take more than 10 minutes to eat dinner. After our meal, we wandered over to my favorite bookstore on Main Street. Cats just walk around everywhere (Mack swears the last time we went there a cat was helping check people out). It adds this relaxed, homey, something to the store. We browsed all the interesting corners of the store, and I drooled over all their amazing Crane stationary. They had this great sample book you could order custom made Christmas cards from. Can't ever imagine spending upwards of $400 on a dozen cards, but a girl can dream:) The trip back down the mountain was just as pleasant as the ride up. Love ya hon!

2 things to say about this...:

Ashley

What a great post. I loved hearing about Mac's little class party! Reminded me of how much I absolutely loved Halloween in elementary. Your jaunt to Park City also sounded like the perfect fall activity. Keith and I have our own little favorite PC gems as well. Glad to hear you enjoying October. Happy Birthday!

Jim
This comment has been removed by the author.

My Blog List

My Blog List